Sutton’s Business Regulation Service is committed to providing a fair and impartial service to consumers and traders. The Safer Sutton Trading Scheme has been introduced so that local residents can use traders who come to work at their home, confident that certain standards will be met. It will encourage businesses to demonstrate their commitment to fair, professional and honest trade, so that they can be included in a list available to the public. Full details on the web site
Sutton’s Trading Standards Service tries to ensure the highest levels of fair trading and consumer protection for everybody who lives, works or does business in the Borough.
To achieve this level of fair trading we:-
- Investigate allegations of unfair trading
- Respond to complaints from consumers
- Check goods for safety, description and quality
- Listen to complaints from businesses about unfair competition
- Carry out inspections in places like shops, garages and pubs
- Provide help and advice in consumer disputes of faulty goods or services
- Educate our young consumers through presentations in schools
- Give advice to businesses to help them comply with the law
- Work in partnership with other law enforcement agencies
- Raise awareness through publicity of consumer rights
- We also provide a UKAS approved metrology laboratory for the checking and calibration of weights, etc.
OGRES is not endorsing the suppliers listed by this scheme.