OGRES is an active group of local residents who represent the larger community that make up the households in the area.
OGRES covers all of the streets that link up with Onslow Gardens and Blenheim Gardens in Wallington, Surrey, which is a part of the London Borough of Sutton. This is a residential area which is within walking distance of a main shopping area, and close to excellent public transport facilities.
OGRES civers close to 500 households, of which approximately half are paid up members of the association.
The committee is made up of a chairperson, vice-chair, secretary, treasurer, subscriptions officer, non-office holding committee members and road reps.
;The committee collects annual subscriptions and warmly welcomes new members to OGRES.
Annual fees are £1 per household and are normally collected by road reps. The money collected from subscriptions is used to benefit the residents including such things as:
- producing and distributing the quarterly newsletter;
- fighting planning applications; and
- hosting the AGM
Members of the committee attend various council held forums which include:
- Sutton Neighbourhood Watch Association;
- Wallington South Safer Neighbourhood Ward Panel which meets quarterly to help to prioritise the initiatives that the local SNT undertake;
- Beddington and Wallington Local Committee which aims to increase the involvement of the local community in local decisions; and
- Sutton Community Engagement Network at www.suttoncvs.org.uk
These forums are public meetings, if you would like to attend please contact a member of the committee who can give you meeting dates and times.